Essential Questions for City Initiatives
These essential questions should be considered as a tool to focus on and promote implementation of our Thriving Economy vision for applicable City initiatives (refer to Chapter 1):
- Support the overall focus of our Thriving Economy theme?
- Help attract new businesses in targeted industry clusters?
- Create or enhance a built environment with amenities that will help attract new, skilled talent to the city?
- Support the creation of new, high-paying, and livable wage jobs?
- Contribute to effective and efficient use of City resources?
- Provide for fiscal sustainability for the city over the long-term?
- Support or is it consistent with regional business attraction and retention efforts?
- Support the mission and role of the military in the city and region?
- Have a positive impact on the educational competitiveness of the city?
- Contribute or align with our goal of becoming a Smart Cities leader?