The City of Colorado Springs is Home Rule. This means the city is authorized to levy and collect its own sales and use tax. These applications & certificates do not cover the Colorado Department of Revenue, cities other than The City of Colorado Springs or counties within the state of Colorado.
- Retailer Engaged in Business in City
- Use of Tangible Personal Property (TPP) in City
- Sales and Use Tax General Information
Certificate & License Applications
- Application for Sales/Use Tax License
- Application for Sales/Use Tax License Spanish
- Application for Temporary Sales Tax License (cannot be filed online)
- Application for Exemption from City Sales and/or Use Tax (cannot be filed online)
- Application for Commercial Aeronautical Zone (CAZ) Exemption (cannot be filed online)
- Application for Resale Certificate (cannot be filed online)
Selecting a Filing Frequency
Monthly: If you owe more than $200.00 per month in sales or use tax, you are required to file monthly. The return is due on or before the 20th of the month following the month being reported.
**Monthly Filing Example: Transactions between January 1-31st, tax is due no later than February 20th. You have twenty (20) days to file your taxes.
Quarterly: If you collect less than $200.00 per month, you may select quarterly filing, below is the required filing frequency.
- First Quarter: January 1 through March 31st, due April 20th.
- Second Quarter: April 1 through June 30th, due July 20th.
- Third Quarter: July 1 through September 30th, due October 20th.
- Fourth Quarter: October 1 through December 31st, due January 20th.
**Quarterly Filing Example: Transactions between January 1 through March 31st, tax is due to the city no later than April 20th. You have twenty (20) days to file your taxes.