A red-light running violation occurs when a motorist ENTERS an intersection AFTER the traffic signal has turned red.
All infractions are reviewed by CSPD personnel before a citation goes in the mail, and all drivers will have an opportunity to view their photo and video evidence to confirm a violation has been committed.
Images of your vehicle were captured and recorded by a Road Safety Program. You can review your images and video of the actual occurrence online at www.violationinfo.com . The images and video are reviewed by several qualified technicians before the alleged civil violation is affirmed and mailed to you as the registered owner.
What to do if you receive a Notice of Violation
Visit www.violationinfo.com to view a Notice of Violation, photo, and video footage.
Fines and License Points
This violation is a non-moving infraction that will result in a $75 fine, but does not result in the assessment of points against the driver.
Five Ways to Pay the Fine
- Online: The fastest and easiest way to pay your Notice is to pay online. Log on to the Municipal Court website and search by your photo enforcement Complaint # shown in the red box on the front of your Penalty Assessment Notice. There will be an additional fee added for online payments.
- Pay by phone: Call (719) 377-9788. There will be an additional fee added for telephone payments.
- By Mail: Mail your check or money order (payable to the City of Colorado Springs) in the envelope that was enclosed with your Penalty Assessment Notice, along with the payment coupon. DO NOT SEND CASH! Be sure to include your Complaint # on your payment.
- In Person: Bring your Penalty Assessment Notice, along with your payment, to: Colorado Springs Municipal Court, 224 East Kiowa Street Room 108, Colorado Springs, CO 80903 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday — Friday.
- Drop Box: Place the payment coupon from your Penalty Assessment Notice and your payment in a sealed envelope and place it in the drop box in front of the courthouse at 224 East Kiowa Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
If your payment is past due, you may be subject to late penalties. Payment must be made in full; partial payments will be returned.