Our mission is to promote the quality of life in Colorado Springs by providing police services with integrity and with a spirit of excellence, in partnership with our Community.
"Safeguarding our Community as our Family”
The Colorado Springs Police Department has adopted the following statement of its values:
- We believe that the police derive our powers from the people we serve.
- We will never tolerate the abuse of our police powers.
- We recognize that our personal conduct, both on and off duty, is inseparable from the professional reputation of the Police Department.
- We are committed to protecting the constitutional rights of all individuals.
- We view the people of our community as our customers, who deserve our concern, care and attention.
- We believe our basic missions are to prevent crime and to deliver vigorous law enforcement services when crime occurs.
- We are committed to efficient resource management and superior service delivery.
- We believe in open communications and partnerships with the community.
- We believe we can achieve our highest potential by actively involving our employees in problem-solving and improving police services.
- We support an organizational climate of mutual trust and respect for one another.
- We encourage the pursuit of higher education by our employees.
- We are committed to contributing to the advancement of the police profession.
- Responsive: “To the needs of our citizens and internal customers and treat people well. Concentrate on what we can do and work to solve problems that our community cares about. The simplest of courtesies goes a long way.”
- Excellence: “This requires personal accountability for the work you do each day. To achieve organizational excellence, we should maintain the highest level of professional standards in all areas while striving to implement identified best practices in policing.”
- Humility: “Putting others before self. Remember we derive our powers from the citizens we serve. When we perform our duties with humility, we are approachable, respectful and compassionate.”
- Honor: “The adherence to high moral principles with the absence of deceit; conforming to what is considered morally right; resist being improperly influenced by others.”