Essential Questions for City Initiatives
These essential questions should be considered as a tool to focus on and promote implementation of our Vibrant Neighborhoods vision for applicable City initiatives (refer to Chapter 1):
- Support the overall focus of our Vibrant Neighborhoods theme?
- Add value and improve the keystone indicators for Vibrant Neighborhoods?
- Encourage additional investment or reinvestment in neighborhoods?
- Positively contribute to a diversity of attainable housingAttainable housing means decent, attractive, safe, and sanitary accommodation that is affordable for the full spectrum of the city's residents. While a cost of no more than 30% of gross household income is a good rule of thumb for affordability, there will be some circumstances where higher or lower thresholds may be more applicable. choices throughout the city or a particular neighborhood?
- Contribute to the connectivity within and between neighborhoods and to other areas of the city?
- Pre-position the neighborhood for new transportation options?
- Create options for new gathering areas or centers?
- Support the redevelopment of blighted and/or underperforming properties?
- Enhance the connection of neighborhoods to trails, parks, open space, and green infrastructure networks?
- Enhance cultural, historical, educational, and/or human service opportunities to support neighborhoods?
- Support and be consistent with adopted and relevant small area or neighborhood plans?
- Plan to be a fiscally responsible, long-term choice for the city and the neighborhood?