Colorado Springs Fire Department 2021 Pay Chart
Firefighter Candidate Minimum Qualifications
(Subject to Change)
The following minimum qualifications MUST be met to participate in the firefighter selection process:
- You must be at least 18 years of age by date of hire.
- You must have a High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- You must have successfully completed the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) no more the 12 months prior to the testing process.
- You must be in appropriate physical condition and meet medical standards as established by the City of Colorado Springs Fire Department.
- You must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- By the date of hire you must be a US citizen, permanent resident alien, temporary resident alien, applicant for temporary resident status, refugee, or asylee. All applicants that are offered employment must provide documents to establish their identity and employment eligibility for authorization to work in the U.S.
- You must have and maintain a current Colorado EMT - Basic Certificate or above*
- You must have a valid FireTEAM score through the National Testing Network.
- You must not have been convicted of a crime that would affect your ability to certify with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT). Visit the NREMT website.
- We do not permit the use of medicinal or recreational marijuana.
The firefighter salary structure for 2021 is:
|4th Class Firefighter||$60,468|
|3rd Class Firefighter||$67,176|
|2nd Class Firefighter||$74,640|
|1st Class Firefighter||$82,284|
|Fire Driver Engineer||$89,171|
*After the first year of probation has been completed, employees who have a Nationally Registered EMT-P may be eligible to take the Paramedic Promotional Examination.
The paramedic salary structure for 2021 is:
|3rd Class Paramedic||$76,068|
|2nd Class Paramedic||$84,516|
|1st Class Paramedic||$93,624|
In order to be hired as a firefighter, you must successfully complete:
- The interview process
- Polygraph examination
- Background investigation
- Psychological testing
- A medical examination and drug screen
- The CSFD Training Academy, for 20 Weeks
For further information, please contact the Colorado Springs Fire Department Public Safety Recruiter Office at (719) 385-7226.