***The Colorado Springs Fire Departments hiring process for the 2021 Academy is now OPEN ***
Colorado Springs Fire Department (CSFD) is currently in the process of building an eligibility list for an anticipated academy around February 2021 for Entry Level Firefighter and Entry Level Firefighter Paramedic. To be considered all candidates must successfully complete the following by our posted deadline of ***AUGUST 31, 2020 before 11:59 p.m.***
- FireTEAMs, complete the test through the National Testing Network (NTN)
- Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT), recognized by the International Association of Firefighters (IAFF)/International Associations of Fire Chiefs (IAFC)
- Colorado EMT-Basic or EMT-Paramedic card, or National Registry EMT-Basic or Paramedic-Basic card and a Valid CPR Card
- Veteran’s Preference Points (if eligible)
Application and Testing Process
Please read the Following Instructions very carefully!
1. FireTEAM Test
CSFD requires a valid FireTEAM score as a part of the minimum qualifications to apply for entry-level firefighter, as well as any lateral entry positions. This FireTEAM test may only be taken through National Testing Network (NTN). CSFD will NOT accept scores from any other Departments or testing processes.
The FireTEAM test involves high-quality simulation tests in a standardized and fair testing environment. Upon completion of the examination, a candidate’s score is maintained by NTN per their policies and procedures.
FireTEAM test scores must be received by CSFD through the National Testing Network by *** AUGUST 31, 2020, before 11:59 p.m.***
- FireTeamTest (select the Colorado Springs Fire Department to have your scores sent to our department)
- FireTeam Practice Test
2. Candidates Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) certificate
Candidates must submit a valid Candidates Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) certificate to the department no later than AUGUST 31, 2020 11:59 p.m. CPAT certificates are considered valid if the test was completed through an International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) or International Associations of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) accredited facility no more than 12 months prior to the AUGUST 31, 2020 deadline.
*When submitting your forms please submit them in the following format example: “Smith_John_CPAT”. Forms are successfully submitted once a file shows uploaded.
Upload ALL documents separately and print the conformation page for your records!
3. Colorado or National Registry EMT-Basic/Paramedic Card
Candidates must submit a current National Registry EMT-Basic or EMT-Paramedic Card (with your registry number listed) to the department no later than AUGUST 31, 2020 11:59 p.m.
- Entry Level Firefighter: must have a current National Registry EMT- Basic card or a Colorado EMT–Basic certification card, and a valid CPR card.
- Entry Level Firefighter Paramedic: must have a current National Registry EMT-Paramedic or a Colorado EMT–Paramedic certification card along with a valid CPR, PALS, and ACLS card.
*When submitting your forms please submit them in the following format example: “Smith_John_EMT”. Forms are successfully submitted once a file shows uploaded.
Upload ALL documents separately and print the confirmation page for your records!
Colorado Out-of-State EMT Request
All Out-Of-State Applicants will be required to apply for a Colorado EMT once they receive a final offer of employment.
For more information, please call 303-691-4932 or email email@example.com
4. Veterans’ Preference:
To be eligible for Veteran’s Preference Points you must have an Honorable Discharge and submit the following documents to receive points.
- Download the Veterans Preference Points Form
Claiming ten (10) points:
1. Submit Member 4 copy of your DD214.
2. Submit Veteran’s disability preference letter from the Department of Veteran’s Administration
3. Submit Complete CSFD Veteran’s Preference form.
Claiming five (5) points:
1. Submit Member 4 copy of your DD214.
2. Submit Complete CSFD Veteran’s Preference form
*All forms must be submitted to the CSFD Human Resources office by no later than AUGUST 31, 2020 11:59 p.m., using the following format example.
- (Example: Smith_John_Veteran’s Preference Form). Forms are successfully submitted once a file shows uploaded. Upload ALL documents separately and print the confirmation page for your records!
5. Selection Process
- Notification of upcoming selection process is made through the NTN and CSFD website.
- FireTEAM test deadline is August 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- FireTEAM test scores submitted to CSFD and placed in to “selection bands.”
- The top applicants will be invited to complete CSFD application and to schedule an in person interview.
- Based on performance of the interview, top candidates may receive a Conditional Offer of employment, and will be required to complete pre-employment/background check process.
- Final offers of employment will be issued based on results of pre-employment and background check process.
- If you applied for last year’s academy and were not selected, you will have to re-submit all of your documents again for the following hiring season.
***No exceptions will be made for failing to follow these instructions***