COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.— The South Rockrimmon reconstruction project will begin April 8, with work taking place Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Work is anticipated to go through October.
Construction will occur in phases on South Rockrimmon between Vindicator Drive and Pro Rodeo Drive. All work is weather-dependent, and schedules are subject to change. South Rockrimmon will be reduced to one lane in each direction, with short-term intersection, alley and driveway closures also occurring.
The reconstruction will improve safety and travel by creating a smooth road surface, address drainage issues, and improve pedestrian walkways through curb and gutter improvements.
The project will focus on:
- ADA ramp installation at intersections
- Sidewalk repairs in localized areas
- Curb, gutter and cross pan removals and replacements where warranted
- Inlet installation to improve drainage
- Median removals and road profile adjustments to improve roadway drainage
This $5.5 million project is funded primarily by the Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority, with $839,000 funded by the City’s Capital Improvements Program. For more information contact Public Works at 719-385-5411 or visit https://coloradosprings.gov/rockrimmonreconstruct.