"Together we are Stronger"
The Community Academy educates the public about CSPD through a series of classes, featuring presentations from K-9 Unit, Bomb Squad, Major Crime Detectives, and more.
Community Academy for Spanish Speakers / La Academia Comunitaria para Hispanohablantes
The CSPD and El Paso County Sheriff's Officer's Community Academy for Spanish Speakers is molded after the Community Academy and is geared towards Spanish speakers. La Academia Comunitaria para Hispanohablantes es alojada por el Departamento de Policía de Colorado Springs (CSPD) y La Oficina del Sheriff del Condado de El Paso (EPSO) y es orientado a hispanohablantes.
Teen Academy & Teen Academy 2.0
The Teen Academy provides young adults, ages 13-18, with a unique opportunity to learn about the operations of regional law enforcement agencies in El Paso County. The Teen Academy 2.0 provides a unique opportunity to learn more about the investigative aspect of policing and dive deeper into areas, including interview and interrogation and evidence collection. They will also participate in a mock crime scene and court room testimony.
The Cadet Program is designed for young men and women between the ages of 14-20 years of age who want to become informed and involved in law enforcement. The program explore all areas of the criminal justice profession and teaches teamwork and leaderships skills which can be applied to school and any profession.
Connecting Kids & Cops
Kids & Cops is an opportunity for kids from the Colorado Springs area to spend time interacting with and learning about the various aspects of the Colorado Springs Police Department.
Police Station Tours
The Colorado Springs Police Department welcomes civic and student groups to tour our facilities.
The CSPD provides officers to participate in community outreach activities, safety presentations and demonstrations at local events on request as resources allow. CSPD’s participation is based on availability of resources and personnel and is subject to change. All requests must be received 45 days prior to the event.
The CSPD participates in hundreds of events each year throughout the city.
- Coffee with a Cop
- All People's Breakfast at Colorado College
- Illumination Project
- African American Youth Leadership Conference (AAYLC)
- Connecting Kids & Cops
- Educating Children of Color
- Cookies with a Cop
- Shop with a Cop
- Latino Luncheon
- Colorado Springs Native American Inter-tribal Powwow
- Jack Swigert Aerospace Academy - Party in the Park
- Dia de los Ninos
- Homes for Heroes
- Light up the Dark
- Dr. Suess Day/Read across America Day
- Community Blessing of the Animals
- Girls in Future Technology, STEM Day
- Kids' Safety Day
- Trunk or Treat
- Race for Hope
- Teddy Bear Day at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- Bike to Work Day
- Chinese New Year Festival
- Ally Up Breakfast presented by Inside Out
- and more!
The CSPD seeks to be proactive in fostering the relationships between the community and the members of the department, through educating, listening and effectively communicating.
- Southern Colorado Ministerial Union
- Community Leaders Advisory Committee
- Faith Based Group
- Servicios del la Raze/Families Unidas
- Minority Over-Representation Committee
- Black and Lation Leadership Coalition
- Pikes Peak Restorative Justice Council
- PAGE Group
- Hispanic Chamber of Commece
- And more!