The 3rd annual Colorado Springs Police Department K-9 calendar will be available soon! The calendar is an 11”x17”, full-color, wall calendar highlighting all 19 of the department’s K-9s. Calendars are available for purchase to the public for $10. All proceeds from the calendars will go directly to support the Colorado Springs Police Department Cadet Program.
The Cadet Program is a program for Colorado Springs youth, ages 14 to 21, who would like to explore the world of policing. Youth who participate are able to learn about a career in law enforcement, while receiving mentorship and leadership. Cadets work directly with officers and participate in various acts of service throughout the community.
K-9 calendars will be available for purchase from the front desk of the Police Operations Center, 705 S. Nevada Ave, 8am-7pm, beginning Monday, November 4, 2019.
Colorado Springs Police Cadet Program is designed for young men and women between the ages of 14 and 20 years old. This program allows young people who live in or near the city of Colorado Springs to become informed and involved in law enforcement, while actively becoming part of their community. Teens can further their knowledge and understanding of the criminal justice system through training, and provide an insight into all phases of police work. The program fosters better understanding between the Police Department and the youth of our city.
- Must be between the ages of 14 and 20 to apply.
- Must have and maintain a GPA of "C" (2.0) or better in school.
- Must pass a criminal history check, background investigation and oral interview.
- Must be able to attend all 11 training sessions.
- Must maintain a 70% or higher GPA through the Cadet Basic Training Academy.
- Must have parent's permission to participate in all post functions.
- Must participate in most community service events, department-requested special events and post fundraisers.
- Community Service
- Police Job Training
- Post Fundraising
- Police Ride-Alongs
- Monthly Meetings
- State and Regional Competitions
- Joint Training with S.W.A.T. and Reserve Officers
- Cadet Honor Guard
- Social Activities
- Athletic Activities and Competitions
The CSPD Cadet Training Academy meets for five consecutive Saturdays, 9 am – 4 pm, in the Spring and Fall. Cadets will receive training and an introduction to: law enforcement, police ethics, community relations, criminal law, radio communications, criminal investigations, use of force laws, crime scene searches, evidence collection, domestic violence, officer safety, vehicle stops, patrol functions, report writing and firearms safety.
You may download our application for review and completion! We accept applications year-round but hold our Cadet Academy annually in the summer.
We accept applications year round.
Colorado Springs Police Cadet Application
Thank you for your interest, and please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. For more information: call us at 719-444-7410.