If you know a young professional – age 40 or under – who is making a significant positive impact in Colorado Springs, nominate them for a 2022 Mayor’s Young Leader Award. Now more than ever, young professionals are stepping up to current challenges and serving as leaders in our community. Make sure their efforts are recognized. Nominations are due Friday, September 9. 2022. Nominees should be making a positive impact on the City of Colorado Springs through their work and/or volunteerism. City employees are not eligible.
Winners will be announced during the 2022 Mayor’s Young Leader Awards ceremony on Thursday, October 27 from 5-7 p.m. at 3E’s Comedy Club.
An individual can be nominated in any one of the following six categories:
1) Community & Economic Impact: An individual who has measurably impacted the community or local economy through their business, community involvement or events. The community impact should have a tangible, measurable effect on the community, including job creation, workforce development, volunteer efforts, board service, or an innovative business model that promotes social goals.
2) Creative Industry: An individual who is using creative methods or systems to transform their given industry and demonstrates the power of art and business working together to make a positive impact.
3) Education: Uses creative, non-traditional approaches to improve education, thereby fostering future generations of innovative thinkers.
4) Military Leader: A team player who leads by example to embody the values of integrity and excellence in service. This individual’s positive impact extends into the greater community.
5) Sports, Health & Wellness: An individual who is making a standout contribution in any of the sports, health and wellness sectors, whether as an entrepreneur through business, events or volunteer commitments, or as a health and wellness champion tangibly improving the lives of others, physically, emotionally and/or mentally; implements compelling new ideas or provides, grows or enhances sport/recreation initiatives; uses sport/recreation to bring community together; or someone who has worked to make it possible for more people and societal groups to live healthier, happier lives and whose work in sports/health/wellness has had a meaningful social impact.
6) Technology & Sustainability: This individual provides enhancements in technology and/or sustainability that advance productivity, improve efficiency, increase performance, provide innovative results or pursues sustainable initiatives to make our community a better place for future generations.
Winners will be announced during the 2022 Mayor’s Young Leaders Ceremony on Oct. 28 from 5-7 p.m. The location will be announced at a later date.
Questions? Contact Taraya Turner at Taraya.Turner@ColoradoSprings.Gov