The HistoricCOS draft is now available!
The rapid growth of Colorado Springs is transforming the city, landscape, historically significant locations and our cultural identity. We want to make sure these changes take place in a positive and sustainable way. The Historic Preservation Plan will provide a framework so that we, as a community, can maintain our wonderful historic resources as we grow.
The Colorado Springs Planning Department is developing a new Historic Preservation Plan. The plan will:
- Build upon the City’s current preservation plan, adopted in 1993
- Coordinate preservation efforts across the city
- Provide content for an ongoing conversation of historic preservation that will leverage limited resources to educate, plan and survey additional resources throughout the city
- Inform the City about its historic resources
- Improve preservation of historic resources
- Guide and prioritize preservation projects
- Aid in the development of effective regulatory processes and procedures
The current Historic Preservation Plan was adopted in 1993.
February 6, 2018
This project is paid for in part by a History Colorado- State Historical Fund Grant, a Certified Local Government (CLG) grant, and a National Trust of Historic Preservation grant.