Colorado Springs, CO – In May, the Colorado Springs Airport (COS) continued to experience a downturn in air service related to the coronavirus pandemic. For the month of May, COS enplaned 7,346 passengers, doubling April’s enplanements, but still significantly down from original projections. For year to date, total of 332,633 passengers have traveled through COS. This represents an 89.9 percent decrease of enplanements, which continues to be on par with national trends for air service.
While load factors for the month of May showed a 39.5 percent decrease, load factors for year to date are only down 22.3 percent. Additionally, all four carriers have continued to add service since April’s low, with the flight schedule for July showing a 47.15 percent in service.
As COS makes preparations for the eventual return of passengers and business, the traveling public can expect to see preventative measures taken to keep everyone safe. Around the Airport, travelers will find signage regarding best practices for social distancing, mask requirements based on Executive Order D 2020 110 issued by Governor Polis, plastic shield barriers, increase of surface disinfection and reduced touchpoints in their travel experience.
Additionally, employees of all four carriers and the Airport are being required by their employers to complete temperature scans before entering their work space. All of these measures are designed to slow or stop the spread of germs and viruses. The Airport also strongly urges passengers and guests to follow guidelines designed to keep themselves and others healthy and safe.
- All four carriers at COS value passenger health and safety. Please visit each carrier’s website for further information:
- Airlines continue and evaluate air services needs and flight schedules are rapidly changing. If you plan on traveling this summer, the July schedules are available and have increased since the previous month’s schedule.
- Daily flights to Dallas Ft. Worth (DFW)
- Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday flight to Chicago (ORD)
- Daily flights to Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Atlanta (ATL) tickets can be purchased now to fly Aug – end of 2020.
- Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday flight to Las Vegas (LAS)
- Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday flight to Phoenix (PHX)
- Daily flights to Denver (DEN)
- Daily flight to Houston (IAH)
- As the COVID-19 public health emergency remains fluid, COS will continue to work with local and state agencies to ensure that the airport continues to follow all recommended practices and procedures from the CDC, while remaining open for business.