COVID-19 Update: While we continue to monitor COVID-19 here in El Paso County, we have made the decision to re-open our Station Community Rooms and reinstate tours and ride along events, as of June 1st. To ensure the safety of our citizens and firefighters amid concerns related to COVID-19 , we request any individual 12 year of age or older using our community rooms, visiting our fire stations for a tour, and/or participating in a ride along, that has not been vaccinated, to wear a mask to protect themselves and our firefighters that are not vaccinated. This mask request for individuals 12 years of age or older that have not received the COVID-19 vaccination will continue to be monitored and is subject to change. Your understanding of our safety concerns and cooperation with this request are greatly appreciated.
The Colorado Springs Fire Department does allow citizens to ride-a-long on a fire engine. To schedule a ride-a-long, please call Human Resources at 385-7226.
- Riders must be at least 18 years of age.
- Riders are allowed to ride two times per year for up to eight hours each time.
- There is no guarantee, implied or otherwise, that you will respond to a fire, medical emergency, traffic accident, or other emergency call for service.
- Riders are observers only and will not participate unless directly asked to do so by the officer in charge.
- Riders are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner; disregard for this expectation may result in denial of future ride-a-longs.
- Applicants with the Colorado Springs Fire Department may not do ride-a-longs.