History comes to life for guests of all ages! Experience an evening of exploration and discovery in the beautiful 1903 El Paso County Courthouse. Interact with historic figures from Colorado Springs’ past, make unique crafts, and enjoy performances and activities that celebrate the spirit of the fall season.
Music & Entertainment
- Music by the First Congregational Church Flute Choir (4:30 – 5:00 p.m.) and theColorado College Bluegrass Ensemble (5:00 – 6:30 p.m.)
- Pick up a scavenger hunt and visit with living history characters to answer questions
- Enjoy “Stories of the Constellations” shadow puppet shows presented by Patti Smithsonian (5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.)
- Watch the 1925 silent film classic, Phantom of the Opera, in the beautiful Division 1 Courtroom (featuring Colorado Springs’ own Lon Chaney!)
Crafts & Activities
- Make masks inspired by Phantom of the Opera
- Create nature prints and learn about the science of fall
- Learn about regional nature with rangers from City of Colorado Springs Trails, Open Space and Parks (TOPS)
- Play with light and make your own shadow puppets
- Discover currency history with the Money Museum
- Play fall-themed carnival games in the Alamo Square Park (surrounding the museum – offered until dusk)
- Costumes are encouraged! We challenge you to pick a character from local history!
- This event is free, but donations are appreciated
- Cupcakes, cider, hot chocolate and other fall treats will be available for purchase outside near the carnival games (Please do not bring food or drink inside)
- City Administration Building Parking Garage – Only $1 after 4pm and on weekends!
- Downtown Parking Meters (free after 6pm!)
- Depending on the day you may find a free parking spot on Vermijo, just east of Nevada.