For all questions regarding Business Licensing, contact the City Clerk's Office
719-385-5901, option 1 · Fax: 719-385-5114 · BusinessLicense@coloradosprings.gov
30 S. Nevada Ave., Suite 101, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80903
City + State Licensing (dual jurisdiction / statutory regulated licenses)
General Business Licensing
Other than Liquor and Beer Licensing and Marijuana Licensing, only those business types listed on the left menu require a business license issued by the City Clerk's Office. Businesses not listed may require other state or local government approval, permits or licenses. The Business License Overview document provides a summary of the required documentation for the separate types of general business licenses.
Select a license type from the menu for additional information.
Fees and Payment
- The City Clerk's Office is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm
- Most Business License fees are $110 annually. Refer to City Code below or specific license page for details.
- For most Business Licenses, the fee for late renewal is 50% of the license fee in addition to the license fee
- Required background check for Private Security Officers and several other licenses is an additional $7
Applications and City Code
For detailed information regarding a specific license type, select your desired license type from the menu on the left. Each page contains application forms, fees, City Code, and additional information for each license type.
Online Application Portal
The City Clerk’s office is pleased to offer you access to our licensing services online. We will start by offering licensing services online for Security and Contractors. By creating an account, you will be able to view and apply for Alarm, Bicycle-Share, Concrete, Excavation, General Tree Service, Limited Tree Service, Pawnbroker, Pedal-Cab Agency, Pedal-Cab Driver, Mobile Food Vendor, Security Agency, and Security Guard license types. You will also be able to check the status of pending request, access payment information, and much more
- View General Licensing Tutorial
- View Tutorial for Contractors
- View Tutorial for Security Businesses
- Application Renewal Tutorial