For all questions regarding Business Licensing, contact the City Clerk's Office
719-385-5901, option 1 · Fax: 719-385-5114 · BusinessLicense@coloradosprings.gov
30 S. Nevada Ave., Suite 101, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80903
New - City Massage Business License Requirement
On May 10, 2022, the City Council of Colorado Springs passed Ordinance 22-30. This Ordinance states that on or after September 1, 2022, it shall be unlawful for any person to operate a massage business without possessing a valid massage business license for each premises where the massage business operates. See the Massage Business link for more information.
City + State Licensing (dual jurisdiction / statutory regulated licenses)
General Business Licensing
Other than Liquor and Beer Licensing and Marijuana Licensing, only those business types listed on the left menu require a business license issued by the City Clerk's Office. Businesses not listed may require other state or local government approval, permits or licenses. The Business License Overview document provides a summary of the required documentation for the separate types of general business licenses.
Select a license type from the menu for additional information.
Fees and Payment
- The City Clerk's Office is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm
- Most Business License fees are $110 annually. Refer to City Code below or specific license page for details.
- For most Business Licenses, the fee for late renewal is 50% of the license fee in addition to the license fee
- Required background check for Private Security Officers and several other licenses is an additional $7
Applications and City Code
For detailed information regarding a specific license type, select your desired license type from the menu on the left. Each page contains application forms, fees, City Code, and additional information for each license type.
Online Application Portal
The City Clerk’s office is pleased to offer you access to our licensing services online. By creating an account, you will be able to view, apply and submit Massage Business application types. You will also be able to check the status of pending request, access payment information, and much more.
- Step-by-Step Massage Guide
- View General Licensing Tutorial
- View Tutorial for Contractors
- View Tutorial for Security Businesses
- Application Renewal Tutorial