The Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency managementThe City and County are consolidating their Offices of Emergency Management in an effort to optimize staff resources, establish a single point of contact during major incidences and enhance communication both during and after an event. The new office, the Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management (PPR-OEM) will support operations during a disaster or emergency in El Paso County and Colorado Springs.Because disaster knows no jurisdictional boundaries, we can most efficiently prepare for an emergency and respond to one by coordinating our efforts on a regional basis. The establishment of the PPR-OEM will allow the county and the city to more effectively coordinate and assist first responders in an emergency as well as preparing the government and the community for a disaster. has a new app to help you prepare for an emergency.
With the Pikes Peak Prepared app you can:
- Create your own readiness plan
- Access digital guides, videos, checklists, and news articles
- Stay informed with the events schedule and weather alerts
- Receive non-emergency messages about how to get ready to help yourself and your community
The app features information on:
- Winter Storms
- Individual Preparedness including “build your plan”
- Psychological First Aid
- Preparedness for People with Access and Functional Needs
- Readiness for Pet Owners
- General Individual Preparedness Tips
The Pikes Peak Prepared app is available in the Apple App Store, and Google Play.
For more ways you can prepare for an emergency, visit Ready.Gov